- I love my job! I'm doing work that I never dreamed I would be. I work in Quality Control with a company that applies a film coating on various aerospace components. What? I know.... who would've thought. But I love it.... I am really a jack-of-all-trades. I do a little computer support, database and spreadsheet work, blueprints, process evaluation, purchasing, and hold on to your hats... I even have learned how to drive and operate a forklift. Who would've thought....
- The boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to school all day. I am really happy with the center and staff. They keep the boys engaged, safe and content. They are both very excited to see me when I pick them up; that is such an awesome experience that I never knew as a SAHM.
- The money, hours and location are great. I'm not independently wealthy or anything, but for the first time in over 6 years I have regular, significant paychecks coming in.... with my name on them. I have regular hours, Monday through Friday.... no on call, no overtime, no holiday work. And with gas over $4/gallon, I am thrilled to have a short 5 mile commute each way.
- I feel like I am a better woman, wife and mom. I willingly gave up a little part of myself when I decided to stay home and have babies. I wouldn't change it one bit - it was the best decision I could've made. But it was clearly time for all of us to make this change and selfishly, I feel fulfilled in a way I haven't in a long time. I am not burned out every afternoon when hubby gets home... we swap work stories and share tasks around the house. And I feel refreshed toward my boys. I am excited to see them everyday and again selfishly, but better yet, they are excited to see me.
- I can now spend money on non-necessity items and not feel a single drop of guilt. I have placed a sneak-peak order from the upcoming Fall/Winter Stampin' Up! catalog and better yet, I am attending the SU! annual convention this year. I've wanted to go for 5 years and this is the first time I've made it... WooHoo! I will be heading to Salt Lake City next week for an extra long weekend.... I can't wait!
I consider going back to work a new phase in my life. It's significant in so many ways, for me and my family. I feel adjusted and I'm enjoying the schedule - I didn't think I'd ever get used to waking at 5am again, but I have. My crafting has taken a back seat for the last two months, like it usually does when something big is going on. Now I'm ready to get back into the crafty swing of things! My sneak peak order is set to arrive this afternoon.... because the new stamp sets are all die cut, I should have them mounted and bouncing in ink in no time. Watch for my upcoming posts for a little creative inspiration using some of the great new products from Stampin' Up!