Today I'm participating in a blog hop co-hosted by CutCardStock and Great Impressions Stamps. Our theme of "Ladies' Night" really got me thinking, and I wanted to share a little project that would be fun to give to girlfriends.
I created a tri-fold card that can hold a packet of seeds, perfect for this time of year when we making our way back into the garden.
This card was pretty simple to make, and if you're like me and enjoy coloring, then this is a really fun stamp set to work with.
I started with Neenah Solar White cardstock. I cut a piece that was 10 1/2" wide, and scored it at 3 1/2" from each side to create three panels. I also created a tab that would fold up in the center and become the cover piece that helps hold my seed packet in place. This part is optional - you could simply use glue dots to hold the seed packet in place.
On the left and right panels, I stamped the images from Fence with Flowers and Harvest Vera and Mable. I stamped in VersaFine Black ink and used colored pencils for these detailed images.
To create the scene I was going for in this project, I trimmed around the fence image on the front panel so that the friends could peek out from over the fence.
I added my seed packet and they are held in place securely with glue dots. This panel would be a great place to add a personal message to a special friend!
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you visit all the talented gals participating in this hop. Be sure to leave comments for a chance to win prizes!
- Great Impressions Blog http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/
- Cut Cardstock Blog http://cutcardstock.blogspot.com/
- Mynn http://mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com/
- Annie http://www.anniebwills.com/
- Leah http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com
- Lisa L. http://www.lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com/
- Kendra http://luv2scrapnmakecards.blogspot.com/
- Alexia http://alexia-picture.blogspot.com/
- Lorie http://live-love-laugh-create2.blogspot.com/
- Lisa M. http://lisasipp.com/
- Ruza http://ruzascraftcorner.blogspot.de/
- Gloria http://www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
- Julie http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com/
- Agnes http://flowerdiscosscraphut.blogspot.com/
- Amber http://amberscraftycorner.com/