Hello...Is anyone out there?

Actually, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth..... You know how it goes, life gets busy and you need to adjust your priorities. As much as I love blogging, it didn't make the short list. Stamping and creating in general have managed to keep a small part in my life over the past several months and I think I'm now getting my mojo back. A big part of my reconnecting with crafts is the fact that my wonderful husband did some awesome work in my craft room (I love him and I love IKEA!) and it just feels good to be at my desk. The creative juices have started flowing again and I've made a few things; the first of which I will share with you today. When I was able to reorganize all of my loot and get my hands on things I thought I had lost, used or never bought in the first place, I discovered some really beautiful paper. This is from "Summer Home", a Simply Scrappin' kit from Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter catalog. Man, why didn't I open this kit up a long time ago.... it's gorgeous! Here is a card I made using some of the paper....

I kept it pretty simple, just using a Whisper White base and teaming it up with a simple Thank You sentiment. The button really pulls it all together I think. I just attached a scrap of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, knotting it with Linen thread. Simple but really nice!

Next time, I'll post some shots of my new crafty corner! In the meantime, here are a couple of the big boy and the little boy, enjoying our sunny California weather.... Enjoy!


2 comments

Cassie said...

oh - i have fallen in love with this card!! such wonderful, simple, graphic layout!!

Amanda said...

Oooh, I love this card! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!