Happy Birthday Card

Hello Blog Friends!  I've been super busy on the homefront, so I haven't posted in a while.  I thought I'd take a quick moment from the madness and give you a peek at a birthday card I recently made.  This was for my hubby and he really liked the card.  He's learned over the years it's probably best just to say he loves everything I make, even if he doesn't. :)  But he seemed to really like this one, so I thought I'd share.
The paper is from Cosmo Cricket "Happy Camper" and I love all the outdoorsy, rustic looks in the paper pack.  I went to this paper first when coming up with something for the hubster.... he's a real outdoorsy, camping kind of guy.  Anyhow, I stitched on the wood grain paper and added some very assorted chipboard letters I had in my stash.  This isn't real typical of my style, but I have to say, I like the mish-mash look.... for some reason, it works.  I also made a matching envelope so it was delivered in style.

Since my last post, I was given a sweet award from Kathy at Lucky Stamper.  Thanks Kathy, that was sweet of you! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I always enjoy the comments, so feel free to say hi!  Have a great day, and hey.... go make a card for someone special!

8 comments

Andrea said...

Nice masculine card! The letters and patterns go together perfectly!!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Hi Amber, I love the wood grain textured paper that you used on this card and the stitching. I also love the bright cheery sentiment. Masculine cards are very difficult for me to pull off and you pulled it off perfectly!

Cheryl said...

This is really cute! I love how you used the different papers for the letters.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a great card, love the Happy Birthday on the wood background and adding stitching, just perfect.

Jacquel said...

Very cute Amber....love it! TFS!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is so fun, Amber! Love thse bright colors on the woodgrain background. Perfect masculine-themed card! The matching envelope is a nice touch, too. :)

Gina Lindsay said...

I like it very much! those bright letters against that brown are perfect.

Unknown said...

Hi, very nice card! I also love your love song tags with the ribbon, very nice!

Have a great day!