Fun and Simple Baby Blanket

I have long been a collector of fabric and quilting supplies.... much longer than I've actually been a quilter.  Now that I'm settling down a bit, I am spending much more time sewing and teaching myself to quilt from YouTube videos.  Believe it or not, there are actually some very useful videos there!

I recently dug out a cute baby boy blanket kit that I have moved from coast to coast over the last several years.  I decided there wasn't a better time than now to actually break it out and make it.  With a couple of my cousins having baby boys soon, it will make a great gift.

Technically, there wasn't really any quilting.  The top was simply pieced together and then sewn to the flannel backing.  I top stitched it and did a little "in the ditch" stitching to keep it from shifting about too much.


I like the way it turned out and it's given me a little boost to take on more complicated projects, so stay tuned to see what's next!

No comments