- Corn harvest.... we had to pick, shuck and process all the corn in one day.... about 170 ears
- I turned 40
- Classes are crazy busy.... lots of projects to try to keep up with
- I got 10 new gray hairs
- Flew down for a weekend visit to Temecula and had a great time with my friends Teri and Suzy
- Suffering dissapointment with the news about remaking of the movie Footloose... some things just need to be left alone....
- Packing away my flip flops and capri pants
- Shopping for long underwear and snow boots
- Thinking about all the things I should be blogging about
- Getting ready for a visit from my friend Lauren
My boys love peanut butter sandwiches in their lunch box, whether they are made with honey or jelly, they love them. They always ask for the Smuckers Uncrustables but it pains me to pay $5.00 for 10 little sandwiches, so I came up with an alternative. Here's what I do:
Start with bargain bread.... either use a coupon or find a thrift store. It just so happens I had a coupon for a free loaf of store brand wheat bread and was also able to pick up a loaf at the thrift store for .68 cents. Each regular size loaf should make 10 sandwiches, more or less depending on the size of the loaf.
Top with the other piece of bread and squash it like a bug. Then cut off the crusts and crimp the edges with a fork.
This week I have some other good posts for you.... an update on the basement and some tummy-warming Fall recipes!