Envelope Coupon Organizer

Today I wanted to share with you an alternative use for envelopes.  I love the Kraft #10 envelopes we carry!  I use them often for letters, but also for carrying important paperwork and information when I travel.  This project was inspired by a little album I made as a make-and-take at CHA this year; I adapted it for what I consider a more practical use -- a coupon organizer.

I started with my supplies, including 5 envelopes.  Glue your envelope flaps to create a folding chain of envelopes, using 4 of the 5 envelopes.  The adhesive strip on the envelopes may have been enough to hold this, but I used my favorite adhesive Tombow Mono Multi to glue the envelopes together.


The 5th envelope will be used to cover up and add support to the top flap.  Cut it from the last envelope and then attach it to the top flap of the chain you just created, adhesive strips facing together.
Then I used my cute retro-kitchen themed patterned paper to make panels to cover the envelope overlaps.
I cut thinner strips of the same patterned paper to slip inside each of the "pockets", tacking them down with more adhesive.
I attached labels of the coupon categories I use and then added a bit of washi tape for a little extra flair!
To keep my new organizer closed, I used velcro tabs that I secured with micro glue dots.  I think if you plan on keeping your organizer full of coupons, maybe a rubber band or hair band might be good to slip on and off in order to keep it closed.


No comments