Crafting Workshop



I was so excited to host a group of ladies for a craft workshop! My love of teaching combined with my love of crafting makes me a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure. The group gathered for an evening of crafting, during which we laughed, visited and oh yeah, made five projects!



I wanted to focus on some techniques and also give them some inspiration for projects they could easily recreate on their own. This cute cactus watercolor card was probably my favorite project. Simple stamping and watercolor with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The treat bag was an example of adding a special touch to store bought favor bags... really making them your own. The ladies were brainstorming lots of occasions they could make these for!



Then, I showed them a "hack" for hand lettering. I preprinted the "hello" on patterned paper and showed them how to add gold watercolor paint over the top to look hand written. Next, who doesn't need a gift card holder, right? Using various patterned paper and one simple stamp, we made this tag that also serves as a gift card holder because it has a pocket on the back side. Finally, they loved seeing the texture that can be added by using an embossing folder. This simple card got a lot of "oohs" and "ahs".

The evening was a lot of fun and I enjoy having a table full of crafty ladies! I will be planning the late Fall edition of the workshop soon.

No comments