Out of this World

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, we're double booked for birthday parties this weekend. For our first little buddy, I created Vintage Birthday; for our second birthday boy, I created this card.



I've been on a watercolor kick lately, and it continues. I used the set "Pun Fun" and stamped the rocket ship on watercolor paper. For coloring the image, I used the aqua painter and classic inks. (For anyone who may not know the secret to grabbing ink from the ink pads, just give them a firm squeeze in the middle while they are closed. When you open them up there will be a pool of ink inside the lid - perfect for blender pens or aqua painters.) I also used some pattern paper from my stash - it's called All Wound Up by Daisy Bucket Designs. It teamed up nicely with Pacific Point.

I'm really looking forward to this birthday party because it's a reunion of sorts. My dear friend is coming out from the East Coast with her husband and soon to be 4 year old. They are visiting for a few weeks and celebrating the birthday boy by reuniting friends who have all been separated by Navy moves. We are all Deep Sea Diver families that have moved from coast to coast, known each other for years, been there for babies, tough times, happy times and everything else. It will be a fun time.... lots of celebrating!

3 comments

Gina Lindsay said...

Love that blue and green, especially the polka dots. Have fun with the parties this weekend.

Christy said...

What a fun card! I am in love right now with anything outer space and robots, so this card really caught my eye. WTG!

Unknown said...

just wonderful, i love the colors.