A Cupcake and some Rock & Roll

The long, holiday weekend is coming to an end. Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable weekend! We celebrated a birthday over the weekend... the big boy turned 8 and we had a rockin' good time.
To kick off the weekend, I help a co-worker celebrate her birthday with a special cupcake given in a really sweet, handmade box. I was inspired to create this cupcake box by fellow stamper Val. My version was created using some older Stampin' Up! heavy cardstock I had in my stash. I love the brown and blue color combination, so I carried it from the box onto the cupcake. I skipped the step of creating the little insert to better hold the cupcake; I will definately do that next time. My brillant idea of using glue dots to hold the cupcake still didn't work too well.

For our birthday celebration at home, we rocked the house! Some friends came over for pizza, soda and Band Hero. You can see that both of my boys are really concentrating on hitting their notes!
Now it's full force for the Fall and holiday season. I will be working in the Crafty Corner preparing lots of fun projects so be sure to check back often. Better yet, become a follower and get updates automatically!


9 comments

Alex said...

Yummy box Amber!!! I would love just the box, the cupcake is a bonus, LOL!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kathy and Lucky said...

The cupcake and box are awesome, thank you so much for showing that. Congrats for son's birthday how exciting and sounds like they had great fun.

sarahw said...

Such a cute box! I love the cover, where you can see inside. Such a clever idea. :)

Elisabeth said...

Oh how cute, love how the cupcake and the box match...adorable!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous box. I love those papers. The cupcake looks totally yummy.

KER said...

awesome box...love being able to peek inside

Donna Touchette said...

This box is such a great idea and the fact that you always make everthing match to wonderfully.
Those boys are very very cute and it looks like they are having a great time.
Donna

Christiana said...

Cute box and cute kids!

Anonymous said...

That box is one of the cleverest ideas ever! I think it would also work well for cookies.