Handmade Baby Gift

You might have seen the baby blanket I made as one of the two gifts I need for upcoming new additions to the family.  Today I wanted to take a break from my hustle and bustle in the kitchen and share the second gift I whipped up.  This is a little set that includes two bibs, two burp cloths and a little mat that can be used for changing baby.
The bibs are pieced and quilted and I just love them!  Isn't this little frog fabric so stinkin' cute?
The burp cloths are made from cloth diapers and all I did was sew on a panel of fabric.  Burp cloths are such a great use for cloth diapers.... so much better than their original use, I think.  Yeah for disposable diapers!
Then the baby mat.... it can easily be rolled up and kept handy in the diaper bag.  Mommy can use it when there's nowhere to lay the baby down.  It's got the frog pattern on the back and super soft minky on the front so baby is extra cozy.  All these can easily be tossed in the washer and dryer, too.
So I guess my break is over.  I've been working with the batch of early apples today.  The guys brought in about 70 pounds of transparent apples for me to "do something with."  Hmmm.  So far I've made and canned 4 quarts of applesauce, 9 half-pints of apple butter.... prepped, sliced and froze apples for two future pies and dried a tray of apple fruit leather.  All in all, about 45 apples.... and I haven't really put a dent in the bunch.  I'll be dreaming of apples tonight!

No comments