World Card Making Day ~ Give Thanks card

While my love of paper crafting really started with scrapbooking, I find myself really drawn towards cards. I don't know if it's my short attention span or that I love being able to actually start and finish something in the span of an hour or so. I'd like to say that I also love sending these cards with hand written expressions of love and all that sappy stuff, but anyone if my family and circle of friends can verify that these cards rarely make their way through the mail. I guess that can be my resolution for the new year.
But today we celebrate World Card Making Day... this is one that surely wasn't made up by Hallmark! Crafters across the globe are meeting virtually to share their creations and inspire each other. So I thought I would do my part...

I die cut the banners from a Stampin' Up! Die (Hearts a Flutter) with patterned paper from the collection "The Pumpkin Patch" from DCWV.  The base of the card is Royal Sundance Felt cardstock from CutCardStock.com. The texture of the card is really amazing! The sentiment is one I created for my silhouette and it's cut from Curious Metallic cardstock, again from CutCardStock.com.

I stitched the banners on with my sewing maching and then adhered the sentiment with Tombow Multi Mono glue - the best for these little, detailed pieces.

Hop of over to the CutCardStock blog to see what a couple of others from the Design Team are working on today!

No comments