Distress Ink Valentine


I created this card for the CutCardStock blog and I'm sharing here on my own blog as well.

I know Valentine's Day is approaching, and I do happen to love the cheesy holiday, but I also believe that every day is a great day to share and appreciate love. Not just romantic love, but just taking a moment to enjoy those around you who love you, and being open to show love to those people and beyond. Don't you think this world would be a little nicer if everyone was just a bit more loving?


To make this card I started with some Strathmore watercolor cardstock and a collection of Distress inks.  I used the "smooshing" technique to make this background. Basically, I just smeared one color on an acetate sheet, spritzed it with water and then smooshed it on the cardstock randomly. I dried the ink with the heat to before doing it all over again with a different color.


I die cut the "love" die and heat embossed the sentiment. It's a super simple card and really all the detail is in the background, so I didn't want to take away from it with anything else I added.


Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting, and don't forget to share a little love today! ~Amber

No comments